Grace Ellen Rennard
b. 16 April 1896, d. 11 July 1983
- Father: George T. Rennard b. February 1868, d. 27 November 1938
- Mother: Elizabeth Ann Tann b. 30 December 1874, d. 26 November 1961
- Grace Ellen Rennard was born on 16 April 1896 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- About 1903, a photographic portrait was made of George Rennard and his family.
- She married Charles Henry Rushton, son of George Rushton and Mary Sophia Aldous, on 5 April 1920 in Niagara Falls, New York.
- George T. Rennard and Elizabeth Ann Tann appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 356 Eighth Street. Other members of the household included Grace Ellen Rennard, Elsie Rennard, Charles Henry Rushton and Keith Rennard Rushton.
- The following appeared on 28 November 1938 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: George Rennard, 71 years old, janitor in Niagara schools for the last 30 years, died last evening at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Charles H. Rushton, 358 Eighth street. He had been ill for two years.
Mr. Rennard was born in England. He was an elder of the Blessed Hope Church of God. He had been stationed at the Maple avenue school for the last year and previously had been employed at the Thirteenth street school and the old Sugar street school.
He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Rennard; two daughters, Mrs. Rushton and Mrs. Kenneth Houlihan, both of this city; a sister, Mrs. Belle Woodthorp, and a brother, William Rennard, both in England.
Funeral services will be held at the Gridley funeral home at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, with the Rev. Clyde E. Randall, of Fonthill, Ont., officiating. Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
- The following appeared on 27 November 1961 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Elizabeth A. Rennard, 86, of 8946 Rivershore Drive, a resident of this city for 70 years, died Sunday (Nov. 26, 1961) in Mt. St. Mary's Hospital after a lengthy illness.
Mrs. Rennard was born in Hull, England, and came to Niagara Falls shortly after arriving in the United States.
She is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Charles H. Rushton and Mrs. Kenneth R. Houlihan, both of this city, and two grandchildren and one great-grandson.
Services will be held Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the Lane Funeral Home, with Rev. Fred House, pastor of First Methodist Church, officiating. Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
Friends may call between 2 and 5 p.m. and 7 and 9 p.m. today and Tuesday.
- At the time of her death, her usual residence was in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 8670 Hennepin Avenue.
- Charles Henry Rushton became a widower at her death.
- Grace Ellen Rennard died on 11 July 1983 at age 87 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at DeVeaux Manor Nursing Home . Hier death was officially witnessed by Charles Henry Rushton.
- She was interred on 13 July 1983 at Riverdale Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 12 July 1983 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Grace E. Rushton, formerly of Hennepin Avenue, died yesterday (July 11, 1983) in DeVeaux Manor Nursing Home after a lengthy illness. She was born in Niagara Falls, where she lived all her life and was a member of First United Methodist Church. Survivors include her husband, Charles H. Rushton, a son, Keith R. Rushton of Niagara Falls, a sister, Mrs. Kenneth (Elsie) Houlihan of Niagara Falls; two grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was the mother of the late Kenneth Rushton. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. tomorrow at the Lane Funeral Home, 8622 Buffalo Ave. with the Rev. James Brewster officiating. Burial will be in Riverdale Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Last Edited: 27 May 2012