Kenneth Robert Rushton
b. 1 June 1934, d. 24 December 1975
- Father: Charles Henry Rushton b. 13 January 1897, d. 17 May 1986
- Mother: Grace Ellen Rennard b. 16 April 1896, d. 11 July 1983
- Kenneth Robert Rushton was born on 1 June 1934 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- He was known as Bob.
- The following appeared on 12 November 1955 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen G. McMullen, this city, announce the engagement of their daughter, Carol Ann, to Pvt. Kenneth Robert Rushton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles R. Rushton, Hennepin Ave.
Pvt. Rushton, who attended the University of Buffalo and Niagara University, is stationed at Albuquerque, N.M. The wedding will take place in January.
- The following appeared on 14 January 1956 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: A white Bible mounted with a white orchid was carried by Miss Carol Ann McMullen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stephen G. McMullen, Griffon Ave., when she became the bride of Kenneth Robert Rushton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles H. Rushton, Hennepin Ave., today (Jan. 14, 1956) at noon.
The single ring ceremony took place at the First Methodist Church with the Rev. Shirley Travis officiating. /P/ Escorted by her father to the altar adorned with white gladiola and pompons, the bride was gowned in a white luster satin dress styled with a scoop neckline, a fitted long torso bodice, and a sweep train trimmed with lace appliques, sequins and seed pearls. Her pure silk scalloped veil of illusion was held in place with a face framing head piece trimmed with sequins and pearls.
Mrs. Bruce McMullen, matron of honor, was gowned in a romance blue chiffon dress fashioned with a pleated bodice. Her headpiece was a matching crown of braided chiffon and she carried a bouquet of yellow carnations and lilies-of-the-valley.
Miss Joan Williams, the only bridesmaid, wore a coral chiffon dress fashioned like that of the honor attendant. She also carried yellow carnations.
Keith R. Rushton, was best man for his brother, and Bruce Jamieson and Bruce McMullen seated the guests.
For the reception to be held this afternoon at the LaSalle Yacht Club, the mother of the bride will receive her guests in a blush rose satin dress, with a lace bodice. She will wear blush rose and black accessories. The mother of the bridegroom will wear an ice blue sheath dress with matching hat. Each mother will wear a white carnation corsage.
For a honeymoon trip to Washington D. C., the bride will depart in a cotillion blue wool jersey dress, and dusty rose coat accented a white orchid corsage.
Mr. and Mrs. Rushton will reside at 8684 Griffon Ave. when they return.
- At the time of his death Kenneth Robert Rushton was living in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 8625 Rivershore Drive.
- Kenneth Robert Rushton died on 24 December 1975 at age 41 in Niagara Falls, New York.
- He was interred at Riverdale Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 12 July 1983 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Grace E. Rushton, formerly of Hennepin Avenue, died yesterday (July 11, 1983) in DeVeaux Manor Nursing Home after a lengthy illness. She was born in Niagara Falls, where she lived all her life and was a member of First United Methodist Church. Survivors include her husband, Charles H. Rushton, a son, Keith R. Rushton of Niagara Falls, a sister, Mrs. Kenneth (Elsie) Houlihan of Niagara Falls; two grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was the mother of the late Kenneth Rushton. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. tomorrow at the Lane Funeral Home, 8622 Buffalo Ave. with the Rev. James Brewster officiating. Burial will be in Riverdale Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Last Edited: 18 May 2012