Keith Rennard Rushton
b. 12 October 1920, d. 22 November 1989
- Father: Charles Henry Rushton b. 13 January 1897, d. 17 May 1986
- Mother: Grace Ellen Rennard b. 16 April 1896, d. 11 July 1983
- Keith Rennard Rushton was born on 12 October 1920 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- George T. Rennard and Elizabeth Ann Tann appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 356 Eighth Street. Other members of the household included Keith Rennard Rushton, Elsie Rennard, Charles Henry Rushton and Grace Ellen Rennard.
- He applied for a Social Security account number on 1 October 1941 while living at 365 Eighth Street, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- He was employed by Hooker Chemical Company, Buffalo Avenue, when he made his Social Security application, stating that his former employment as a soldier in the US Army ended on 18 September 1941. in Niagara Falls, New York.
- The following appeared on 5 November 1956 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: The Niagara Rocks and Minerals Club announced today that it will hold its first annual trade and sale show Thursday at 7:45 p.m. at the First Street YMCA. . . . The Niagara Rocks and Minerals Club, a sponsored activity of the Young Men's Christian Assn., was organized in February. It holds regular monthly meetings from October through May on the second Thursday of each month. Spring and summer activity is devoted to field trips. Other officers are Keith Rushton, vice president; Stanley Swerk, treasurer, and Mary Fenner, secretary.
- The following appeared on 12 July 1960 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Eldyn L. Fenner, Shinglehouse, Pa., announce the engagement of their daughter, Miss Mary Louise Fenner, to Keith R. Rushton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles H. Rushton, Hennepin Ave. The nuptials will be solemnized in August.
- He married Mary Louise Fenner, daughter of Eldyn L. Fenner, circa August 1960.
- The following appeared on 12 July 1983 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Grace E. Rushton, formerly of Hennepin Avenue, died yesterday (July 11, 1983) in DeVeaux Manor Nursing Home after a lengthy illness. She was born in Niagara Falls, where she lived all her life and was a member of First United Methodist Church. Survivors include her husband, Charles H. Rushton, a son, Keith R. Rushton of Niagara Falls, a sister, Mrs. Kenneth (Elsie) Houlihan of Niagara Falls; two grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was the mother of the late Kenneth Rushton. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. tomorrow at the Lane Funeral Home, 8622 Buffalo Ave. with the Rev. James Brewster officiating. Burial will be in Riverdale Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Keith Rennard Rushton died on 22 November 1989 at age 69 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center.
- Mary Louise Fenner became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Riverdale Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 24 November 1989 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Keith R. Rushton, 69, of Hennepin Avenue, died Wednesday (Nov 22, 1989) at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center. He was born in Niagara Falls and lived here all his life. He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II, then was employed for 35 years in the electrical shop at the Hooker Chemical Co. before retiring in 1982. He was a member of the Elks Lodge, LaSalle Yacht Club and a past master of the LaSalle American Legion Post 1142. Rushton is survived by his wife, Mary (Fenner) Rushton, an aunt and two nephews. He was the brother of the late Kenneth, Charles and Grace Rushton [sic]. The family will receive friends from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. today at the Lane Funeral Home, 8662 Buffalo Ave. Funeral services will be held at 9 am Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Riverdale Cemetery, Lewiston.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Keith Rennard Rushton and Mary Louise Fenner.
- Last Edited: 16 Jun 2012