b. 30 October 1860, d. 20 September 1942
- Father: Johann Georg Frank b. 5 January 1820, d. 5 September 1881
- Mother: Ursula Kast b. 11 September 1825, d. 16 April 1867
- Conrad Frank was born on 30 October 1860 in Laichingen, Württemberg.
- He was known as Cornelius from immigration onward.
- Conrad Frank departed on 12 March 1882 departing Bremen aboard the Norddeutscher Lloyd steamship Habsburg (3,094 gross tons, carrying 686 passengers), traveling in steerage class.
- Conrad Frank arrived in the Port of New York on 27 March 1882.
- He married Philippina Kammerer, daughter of Johannes Kämmerer and Anna Elisabetha Dexheimer, on 5 April 1883 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at St John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 270 Hickory, Witness for the groom was John Gestenmeyer. The marriage was witnessed by Katrina Franziska Kammerer.
- A photographic portrait was made of Cornelius and Phoebe Frank, with John and Lawrence, about 1885, likely shortly before they left New York.
- In circa 1886, Conrad Frank and Philippina Kammerer were living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, for a short time, and their son George was born there.
- Conrad Frank and Philippina Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Lake Township, Ramsey County, North Dakota. Other members of the household included John Casper Frank, George John Frank, Cornelius Frank, Louise Elizabeth Frank and Charles Oliver Frank.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1900 census.
- Conrad Frank and Philippina Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Lake Township, North Dakota, enumerated not far from their son John.. Other members of the household included Cornelius Frank, Louise Elizabeth Frank, Charles Oliver Frank and William H. Frank.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1910 census.
- Conrad Frank and Philippina Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Devils Lake, Ramsey County, North Dakota, at 709 Sixth Street. Other members of the household included William H. Frank.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1920 census.
- Frank family photos of their wheat harvesting and other farm activities have survived to the present day.
- A reunion of the Kammerer family was held in 1923 Kammerer family at the home of Helen Kammerer Hoffman, on the occasion of sister Phoebe Kammerer's Frank's visit from her home in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.
- During the mid-1920s, Cornelius and Phoebe Frank were photographed in their parlor.
- Conrad Frank and Philippina Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Devils Lake, Ramsey County, North Dakota.
- He was a retired farmer, according to the1930 census.
- Kammerer sisters Phoebe, Helen, Mary, Libby and Maggie were photographed together during the early 1930s, and separately, husbands Bert Hoffman, Cornelius Frank and Charles Ford.
- The Frank family, on a working day, was photographed sometime during the 1930s, when Charles and Mary Ford were visiting from New York.
- During the late 1930s, Phoebe and Cornelius Frank were photographed in their side yard.
- He officially witnessed the death of Philippina Kammerer on 22 July 1942 in Devils Lake, North Dakota.
- Conrad Frank became a widower at the 22 July 1942 death of his wife Philippina Kammerer in Devils Lake, North Dakota.
- At the time of his death Conrad Frank was living in Devils Lake, Ramsey County, North Dakota, at 709 6th Street.
- Conrad Frank died on 20 September 1942 at age 81 in Devils Lake, Ramsey County, North Dakota, at Mercy Hospital . His death was officially witnessed by Charles Oliver Frank.
- He was interred at G.A.R. Cemetery, Creel Township, Ramsey County, North Dakota.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Conrad Frank and Philippina Kammerer.
- The following appeared in a local newspaper: Funeral services were held yesterday from the Episcopal church for Cornelius Frank, 81, retired farmer who died Sunday. Rev. R. A. Raynor officiated.
Pallbearers were Glen Miner, H. J. Klementsrud, Charles Spiesman, Dr. W. C. Follett, Thomas Anderson and Earl Henley. Honorary pallbearers included H. Thoe A. Maxwell, Blanding Fisher, Herman Stenseth, James Ryanh, Lloyd Roberts, John and Al Haslam, Harry Murray and Charles Peterson.
Burial was in the G. A. R. cemetery.
- On 29 August 1978, Evelyn Ethel Frank wrote to Louise Elizabeth Ford:
Dear Cousin Louise, My sister Philippina has told me of your letter exchanges and sent me the Kammerer History you sent. It is very helpful. I'm trying to trace our ancestory on both sides (parents). I am a little lost when it comes to my grandfather Cornelius Frank. I know he married Philobena Kammerer but that's all I know. I know that Cornelius Frank (my grandfather) and Andrew Princing (sp?) ran away from Germany Army and came to New York (I think). I believe Andrew Princing came to Devils Lake, North Dakota area first and Grandfather Frank years later followed. . . .
I married Henry Roy Norman the son and Philippina married his father. . . . I am 55 years, born Feb. 1, 1923, Cando, North Dakota, I've had 9 children, 7 living, 14-33. . . . Todd 14, Kelly Jo 20, Gregory 21, Russell 23, Donna 27, Judy 31, Bonnie 33. . . .
-- from Mrs. Henry Norman, 415 N. Division, Morrilton, Ark. 72110, addressed to Mrs. S. Hannigan at 1215 15th Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14301, Borth-Kammerer family history files.
- Last Edited: 26 Nov 2016
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs
Family: Philippina Kammerer b. 6 April 1860, d. 22 July 1942
- John Casper Frank+ b. 7 June 1884, d. 21 February 1946
- George John Frank+ b. 21 October 1886, d. circa 13 May 1971
- Cornelius Frank+ b. 17 February 1889, d. 21 June 1964
- Louise Elizabeth Frank b. 17 June 1892, d. 4 September 1972
- Charles Oliver Frank+ b. 30 May 1896, d. 18 May 1963
- William H. Frank+ b. 5 April 1905, d. 1 October 1986