William H. Frank
b. 5 April 1905, d. 1 October 1986
- Father: Conrad Frank b. 30 October 1860, d. 20 September 1942
- Mother: Philippina Kammerer b. 6 April 1860, d. 22 July 1942
- William H. Frank was born on 5 April 1905 in North Dakota.
- Conrad Frank and Philippina Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Lake Township, Ramsey County, North Dakota, enumerated not far from their son John.. Other members of the household included William H. Frank, Cornelius Frank, Louise Elizabeth Frank and Charles Oliver Frank.
- A photographic portrait was made of young William Frank and his nephew Roylance.
- Conrad Frank and Philippina Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Devils Lake, Ramsey County, North Dakota, at 709 Sixth Street. Other members of the household included William H. Frank.
- He married Helen E. Wittkopf, daughter of Charles Wittkop and Helena (?), circa 1926.
- William H. Frank and Helen E. Wittkopf appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Creel Township, Ramsey County, North Dakota. Other members of the household included Thomas Henry Frank.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1930.
- William H. Frank and Helen E. Wittkopf appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Creel Township, North Dakota. Other members of the household included Thomas Henry Frank.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1940 census.
- William H. Frank became a widower at the 25 May 1986 death of his wife Helen E. Wittkopf.
- At the time of his death William H. Frank was living in Devils Lake, Ramsey County, North Dakota.
- William H. Frank died on 1 October 1986 at age 81.
- He was interred at the G.A.R. Cemetery, Devils Lake, Ramsey County, North Dakota.
- The following appeared on 2 July 2004 in the Devils Lake Daily Journal: Thomas H. Frank, 74, of Valley City, ND, formerly of Devils Lake, ND died Sunday, June 27, 2004 at the Sheyenne Care Center, Valley City, ND.
Funeral services will be held Friday at 2 p.m. at the Gilbertson Funeral Home Chapel, Devils Lake, ND. Rev. Roger Leonhardt will officiate and burial will be in the Devils Lake Cemetery. Military Honors will be accorded by the Neathery-Simensen Post #756, Devils Lake Veterans of Foreign Wars. Music will be provided by Russell and Lynda Pearson.
Pallbearers will be members of the Neathery-Simensen Post #756.
Thomas H. Frank was born Feb. 11, 1930 at Mercy Hospital, Devils Lake, ND the son of William and Helen (Wittkop) Frank. He was reared and educated in Creel Township, Ramsey County, attending the Creel Township Consolidated School. He graduated from Devils Lake Central High School. He entered the United States Marine Corp on Nov. 15, 1951 at Fargo, ND. He served his country during the Korean War stationed at Camp Pendleton, California where he was honorably discharged on November 6, 1953 with the rank of Corporal. After his discharge, Thomas returned to North Dakota and was employed at the State Mill and Elevator in Grand Forks until he retired. After retiring, Tom moved back to Devils Lake and cared for his parents until their deaths in 1986. Tom continued to make his home in Devils Lake, later moving to the Veterans Home in Lisbon, ND and then in 1997 he moved to the Sheyenne Care Center in Valley City.
Thomas is survived by his son, Gaylen Blazer of Breckenridge, MN, and uncle, Clarence "Bud" Wittkop, Devils Lake.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Gilbertson Funeral Home, Devils Lake, ND is in charge of arrangements.
- Last Edited: 29 Nov 2016