Harriet M. Ross
b. circa 1824, d. September 1889
- Harriet M. Ross was born circa 1824.
- She was known as Hattie.
- She married Jesse Boring, son of John Boring and Sarah Chandler, on 16 March 1881.
- Harriet M. Ross died in September 1889.
- Her husband Jesse Boring became a widower at her death.
- The following appeared on 22 September 1889 in The Macon Telegraph: A private dispatch was received in this city to-day announcing the death of Mrs. Jesse Boring at the house of her son, Mr. Welborn Colquitt, in Oxford, Ala. The deceased lady was formerly Mrs. Walter T. Colquitt. She was the mother of Capt. H. H. Colquitt of this city. Her maiden name was Harriet M. Ross, a member of the distinguished Macon family of that name, and was a graduate of the first class that left Wesleyan Female College. She was distinguished for her piety and good works. She was sixty-five years of age at her death.
- Last Edited: 30 May 2015