James Marion Boring
b. 6 March 1880, d. 20 September 1938
- Father: John Keener Boring b. 1843, d. 1897
- Mother: Margaret Emaline Rebecca Fennell b. 1845, d. 8 November 1900
- James Marion Boring was born on 6 March 1880 in Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas. Although some censuses and his grave marker indicate that he was born in 1888, it is an educated guess that James was the unnamed two-month-old son enumerated s in the household of J. K. and Emma Boring in Rains County in 1880, and Marion Boring's age was recorded as 25 in 1910, enumerated with his brothers in Bee County.
- John Keener Boring and Margaret Emaline Rebecca Fennell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Guadalupe County, Texas. Other members of the household included James Marion Boring, Isham Jesse Boring, George Fennell Boring, Isaac Walter Boring and Margaret E. Boring.
- He was known as Marion.
- James Marion Boring appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Bastrop County, Texas, boarding in the household of farmer David E. Robertson.
- He was a farm laborer, according to the 1900 census.
- Clement Howard Boring appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Skidmore, Bee County, Texas. Other members of the household included James Marion Boring, David Thomas Boring. It appears that the age recorded for Marion is in error.
- He was working on the home farm, according to the 1910 census.
- He married Louise Schlinke, daughter of Charles C. Schlinke and Selma Buls, circa 1916.
- James Marion Boring and Louise Schlinke appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Grimes County, Texas, and also James' brother Thoma.. Other members of the household included James Marion Boring Jr., Charles J. Boring, Bruno Schlinke and Otto Schlinke.
- He was a cold drinks merchant, according to the 1920 census.
- James Marion Boring appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included James Marion Boring Jr., Charles J. Boring, Thomas B. Boring and Selma Louise Boring. Also in the household was James' brother Thomas D. Boring, age 29, confectionery clerk and WWI veteran.
- He was manager of a confectionery, according to the 1930 census.
- James Marion Boring died on 20 September 1938 at age 58 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas, of injuries sustained in an auto accident.
- His wife Louise Schlinke became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of James Marion Boring and Louise Schlinke.
- Last Edited: 6 Aug 2015
Family: Louise Schlinke b. 20 October 1898, d. 19 April 1972
- James Marion Boring Jr. b. 16 November 1917, d. 17 February 1983
- Charles J. Boring b. 3 February 1919, d. 24 October 1991
- Thomas B. Boring b. 25 September 1920, d. 6 December 1997
- Selma Louise Boring+ b. 25 March 1927, d. 25 April 2012