Andrew Miller Inglet
b. circa 1794
- Andrew Miller Inglet was born circa 1794 in Georgia.
- He married Mahala Philips on 12 January 1827 in Richmond County, Georgia.
- He married Mary Smith on 7 August 1831 in Columbia County, Georgia.
- Andrew Miller Inglet and Mary Smith appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Macon County, Alabama, enumerated next but one from Milo Bolling Abercrombie.. Other members of the household included Martha Inglet, James Inglet, Mary Ann Inglet, Andrew E. Inglet, Sidney Leonard Inglet, Jacob Inglet, Sibbie Ann Inglet, Jincey Inglet and Sarah T. Inglet. Also in the household was physician Robert Williams, age 22.
- He was a carpenter, according to the 1850 census.
- On Friday, 20 June 1851, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: Sent two hands to help Mr. Englet about a house," and on the following day, "Two hands worked half day with Mr. Englet." And on Tuesday, the 24th, "Sent two hands and two waggons to hawl poles for Englet."
- Among the Greenwood plantation records: Received of Green Wood an order on [Rice & Ni]chols for fifty Dollars which when paid will be in full for his Subscription to the Church & School house at Danville April 6th 1852, [signed] Andrew Ingl[et].
- Last Edited: 18 Apr 2012