Mary Virginia Stowe
b. October 1872, d. 9 April 1908
- Father: J. H. Stowe
- Mary Virginia Stowe was born in October 1872 in Galveston County, Texas.
- She was known as Virginia.
- Her name was recorded as Stone her marriage license and her death certificate.
- She married John William Campbell, son of Marcus L. Campbell and Caroline Lucy Williams, on 28 February 1894 in Galveston, Texas, at St. John's Church.
- The following appeared on 1 March 1894 in the Galveston Daily News: Last night in St. John's church Mr. John W. Campbell and Miss Virginia Stowe were married. The bride is the eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J. H. Stowe of this city. Mr. Campbell also is a Galvestonian. Mr. and Mrs. Campbell left for a tour of the southern states at 7:30 last night. On their return they will reside in Galveston.
- John William Campbell and Mary Virginia Stowe appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Galveston, Texas, at 3218 Avenue O. Other members of the household included Wesley Neal Campbell and Marcus A. Campbell.
- Her husband John William Campbell became a widower at her death.
- Mary Virginia Stowe died on 9 April 1908 at age 35 in Galveston County, Texas, of uraemia, secondary to Bright's Disease.
- Last Edited: 21 May 2011