b. April 1891, d. 6 April 1978
- Father: Albert Collins Prendergast b. February 1853, d. 6 January 1922
- Mother: Lillian Lula Conoly b. February 1859, d. 7 December 1923
- Emma Prendergast was born in April 1891 in Texas.
- Albert Collins Prendergast and Lillian Lula Conoly appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas, at 923 North 9th Street. Other members of the household included Emma Prendergast, Davis M. Prendergast, Albert Conoly Prendergast Jr. and Stella Prendergast. Also in the household was one female domestic servant.
- The following appeared on 19 August 1902 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: (Tyler, Tex, Aug. 19) Suit has been filed in the United States distric court here for the recovery of eleven leagues of land of the Manuel Rionda survey in Anderson and Freestone counties. The suit was filed by William H. Williams, Mary D. League, Samuel W. Campbell, John W. Campbell, Sarah P. Campbell, Mary C. Campbell, Annie W. Campbell against Amelia L. Howard, Harry S. Hardee, Francis C. Zachary, Caroline A. Owen, Emma O. Zachary, Florence D. Zachary, Florence T. Ellis and James A. Steqart. The plaintiffs are residents of Texas and other states and defendants reside in Missouri and Louisiana. The suit was instituted by Houston attorneys.
- Albert Collins Prendergast and Lillian Lula Conoly appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas, at 423 Columbus Street. Other members of the household included Emma Prendergast, Stella Prendergast, Joseph Goree Wren and Albert Prendergast Wren. Also in the household were two roomers (a money lender and a dentist), and one servant.
- She married Roger Hilsman on 15 July 1914 in McLennan County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 1 October 1949 in The Dallas Morning News: Albert Conoly Prendergast, Dallas insurance agency owner, died Friday at a local hospital, the victim of a heart ailment.
Prendergast was head of A. C. Prendergast & Company with offices in the Republic Bank Building. He lived at 3612 Amherst.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at the George A. Brewer Funeral Chapel, 3603 Ross, with Dr. James E. Detweiler officiating. Burial will be at Hillcrest Memorial Park.
He is survived by his wife; a son, Albert C. Prendergast Jr., and a daughter, Mrs. James A. Cullum, all of Dallas; three sisters, Mrs. Ashley Skinner of San Antonio, Mrs. Stella Wren of New York City, and Mrs. Roger Hilsman, San Francisco, Calif., and five grandchildren.
- Emma Prendergast became a widow at the 23 February 1975 death of her husband Roger Hilsman.
- Emma Prendergast died on 6 April 1978 in Old Lyme, New London County, Connecticut.
- Last Edited: 9 Dec 2012