Clark Campbell Wren Jr.
b. 17 October 1911, d. 11 December 1985
- Father: Clark Campbell Wren b. 25 May 1877, d. 15 January 1948
- Mother: Mamie Ethel Culpeper b. 16 January 1886, d. 27 June 1959
- Clark Campbell Wren Jr. was born on 17 October 1911 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Clark Campbell Wren and Mamie Ethel Culpeper appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 2704 Milam. Other members of the household included Clark Campbell Wren Jr., Mary Martha Wren. Also in the household were two servants.
- Clark Campbell Wren and family (Mamie, Mary Martha, and Clark Jr.), arrived on 4 July 1921 in the Port of New York aboard the SS Cedric, having departed Liverpool on 25 June 1921.
- Clark Campbell Wren and Mamie Ethel Culpeper appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Washington, District of Columbia, at 2117 Bancroft Place. Other members of the household included Clark Campbell Wren Jr., Mary Martha Wren. Also in the household was one female childs' nurse.
- The following appeared on 5 January 1967 in the Dallas Morning News in "Letters from Readers": Free spenders and many modern economists are making the attempt to redraft the Texas Consittution to permit a large public debt. The approach to the abandonment of this sound constitutional limitation appears to be (1) to obligate the state to larger and larger state contributions to federal projects, so as to be able to confront the people and their legislators with the "accomplished fact" that we are now unable to meet our financial obligations without borrowed money, and (2) to dissipate current tax income in the name of "higher education," "assistance for the needy," "libraries for ex-presidents" and various other types of aid to the underprivileged, to the end that borrowed money will be required to keep the state government in operation. The federal government has very clearly shown to us by its irresponsibility in financial matters that, in the itnerest of our stability, and perhaps our survival, we should keep this limitation on public debt in our Texas Constitution. Signed Clark C. Wren, Stephenville, Texas.
- The SSDI lists Beeville, Bee County, Texas, as the last residence of record of Clark Campbell Wren Jr.
- Clark Campbell Wren Jr. died on 11 December 1985 at age 74 in Bexar County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 17 Dec 2012