Ann Augusta Ramsdell
b. 17 September 1915, d. August 1980
- Father: Robert Leroy Ramsdell b. 18 March 1882, d. 5 July 1953
- Mother: Adalee Sarah Hill b. circa 1889, d. 24 June 1981
- Ann Augusta Ramsdell was born on 17 September 1915 in Austin, Travis County, Texas.
- Robert Leroy Ramsdell and Adalee Sarah Hill appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in San Augustine, San Augustine County, Texas. Other members of the household included Ann Augusta Ramsdell.
- She married John Willis Bridgwater on 3 September 1938 in Dallas, Texas, at Dallas Woman's Forum.
- The following appeared on 4 September 1938 in the Dallas Morning News: After a wedding trip to New England and Canada, Mr. and Mrs. John Willis Bridgwater will make their home in Stow, Ohio. The couple was married Saturday night at the Dallas Woman's Forum. The bride was Miss Ann Augusta Ramsdell, and she is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Leroy Ramsdell, 5601 Goodwin. Mr. Bridgwater is the son of Mr. and Mrs. H. H. Bridgwater of Akron, Ohio. The bride wore. . . . Miss Jessie Bridgwater of Akron, Ohio, the bride's only attendant, wore. . . . Dave Bridgwater was best man. . . . Miss Frances Squibb and Miss Frankie Jean Hill of Garland played the wedding music. An ice course was served on the terrace after the ceremony by Mrs. W. B. Halley and Mrs. Mimmie Halley Smith, greataunts of the bride. Miss Ann Hill, aunt of the bride, presided at the ring-shaped cake, and Mrs. F. A. Leffingwell was in charge of the bride's book. Assisting in serving were Miss June Metcalfe, Miss La Verne Edwards, Miss Betty Childs, Miss Mary Allen Childs, Mrs. C. R. Brown, Mrs. L. V. Stockard and Mrs. F. E. Norton. Immediately after the reception Dr. and Mrs. C. R. Brown entertained with a dinner for the bridal party at their home, 1914 Moser. Mrs. Bridgwater. . . . is a graduate of the University of Texas and a member of Gamma Phi Beta sorority Mr. Bridgwater attended Purdue University before being graduated from the University of Michigan. He is a member of Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity. Out-of-town guests at the wedding were Miss Ann Hill, Miss May Hill, Miss Jane Hill, Mrs. Agnes Townes Windrow, Dr. Charles W. Ramsdell and Mr. and Mrs. T. Twichell, all of Austin; Dr. and mrs W. B. Halley of Ballinger, Mr. and Mrs. T. Jean Rodgers of Quanah, Miss Anne Elizabeth Harris, Denton; Miss Rosalie Leslie, Eastland, and Mr. and Mrs. Ronald C. Callander of Washington, D.C.
- The SSDI lists Cuyahoga Falls, Summit County, Ohio, as the last residence of record of Ann Augusta Ramsdell.
- Ann Augusta Ramsdell died in August 1980 at age 64.
- Her husband John Willis Bridgwater became a widower at her death.
- Last Edited: 12 Sep 2012