b. 31 August 1908, d. 1 December 1998
- Hazel Huddleston was born on 31 August 1908 in Thomasville, Oregon County, Missouri.
- She married Samuel Enid Drosihn, son of Joseph Frank Drosihn and Dorinda Isabell Jones, circa 1936.
- Hazel Huddleston became a widow at the 12 January 1998 death of her husband Samuel Enid Drosihn.
- Hazel Huddleston died on 1 December 1998 at age 90 in Tyler, Smith County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 3 December 1998 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: Hazel Huddleston Drosihn, 90, died Tuesday, Dec. 1, 1998, at a Tyler nursing home. Funeral: 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Lloyd James Funeral Home in Tyler. Burial: Tyler Memorial Park Cemetery in Tyler. Pallbearers will be nephews. Memorials: Marvin United Methodist Church Home Department, 300 W. Erwin, Tyler 75702. Hazel Huddleston Drosihn was born Aug. 31, 1908, in Thomasville, Mo. She moved to Memphis, Tenn., in 1927, where she lived until 1969, when she and her late husband moved to Hernando, Miss. In March, 1990, they moved to Flint, Texas. She was employed by Sears in the mail order personnel department, retired in 1964, and was a member of the Sears Retiree Club in Memphis. She was a member of Marvin United Methodist Church in Tyler. She was preceded in death by her husband of 62 years, Samuel Enid Drosihn, on Jan. 12, 1998; a sister, Elsie Huddleston Parrott; and a brother, Lloyd Huddleston. Survivors: Nieces and nephews and their spouses, Barbara and Don Osada of Flint, Ann and Alfred Lewis of Richardson, Joe and Elly Drosihn of Belvedere, Calif., Leon and Barbara Drosihn of Fort Worth and Celia Hines of Columbus, Ohio; many great-nieces and great-nephews and their families; sister-in-law, Mary Drosihn of Dallas; brother-in-law, Lee Shipley of Fort Worth; a host of friends; and devoted longtime friend, Mrs. Frances Rogers Martin of Memphis, Tenn.
- She was interred on 3 December 1998 at Tyler Memorial Park Cemetery, Tyler, Smith County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 3 December 1998 in the [Memphis, Tennessee] Commercial Appeal: Hazel Huddleson Drosihn, 90, of Flint, Texas, formerly of Memphis, former mail order department employee for Sears, Roebuck and Co. in Memphis, died Tuesday in Tyler, Texas, after a stroke. Services will be at 1:30 p.m. today at Lloyd James Funeral Home in Tyler with burial in Tyler Memorial Park Cemetery. Mrs. Drosihn was the
widow of Samuel Enid Drosihn after 62 years.
- Last Edited: 3 May 2007