Joseph Rice Abercrombie
b. 23 December 1901, d. 5 March 1982
- Father: James Buford Abercrombie b. 23 July 1850, d. 5 March 1912
- Mother: Evelina Wood b. 23 October 1855, d. 10 January 1918
- Joseph Rice Abercrombie was born on 23 December 1901 in Texas.
- James Buford Abercrombie and Evelina Wood appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Harris County, Texas. Other members of the household included Joseph Rice Abercrombie, James Smither Abercrombie, Anne Mitchell Abercrombie, Robert Haden Abercrombie, Lavinia E. Abercrombie, John Leonard Abercrombie, Charles Milo Abercrombie and Bolling Anderson Abercrombie.
- The following appeared on 6 March 1912 in The Houston Chronicle: James Buford Abercrombie, aged 62 years, died at his home on Grantham avenue, three miles south of Houston, Tuesday afternoon. He is survived by his widow and nine children: W. A., Bolling A., J. S., Robert H., John L., Milo C., Joe W. and Misses Annie Mitchell and Vinnie E. Abercrombie.
Mr. Abercrombie was a member of San Jacinto Lodge No. 7, A. F. and A. M., at Huntsville, Texas. The remains will be shipped by Settegast & Kopf Thursday morning at 7:15 o'clock to Huntsville for interment, accompanied by members of the family.
- James Smither Abercrombie appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Houston, Harris County, Texas. Other members of the household included Joseph Rice Abercrombie, Anne Mitchell Abercrombie, Bolling Anderson Abercrombie, Charles Milo Abercrombie, Lavinia E. Abercrombie, James M. Calloway and Cornelia Josephine Mitchell.
- He married Dorothy Antoinette Dick circa 1924.
- Various members of the Abercrombie family were listed in the 1937 Houston City Directory.
- He officially witnessed the death of Anne Mitchell Abercrombie on 15 March 1968 at St. Luke's Hospital in Houston, Harris County, Texas; never having married.
- The SSDI lists Sugarland, Fort Bend County, Texas, as the last residence of record of Joseph Rice Abercrombie.
- Joseph Rice Abercrombie died on 5 March 1982 at age 80 in Fort Bend County, Texas.
- His wife Dorothy Antoinette Dick became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Forest Park Westheimer Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Joseph Rice Abercrombie and Louisa Alexander.
- Last Edited: 14 Jun 2012