Samuel Mays Brevard
b. circa 1843, d. 21 August 1864
- Father: Theodore Washington Brevard b. 24 September 1804, d. 1877
- Mother: Caroline Elizabeth Mays b. 19 October 1811, d. circa 1892
- Samuel Mays Brevard was born circa 1843 in Alabama.
- He was known as Mays.
- Theodore Washington Brevard and Caroline Elizabeth Mays appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Leon County, Florida. Other members of the household included Samuel Mays Brevard, Theodore Washington Brevard Jr. and Ephraim A. Brevard.
- Theodore Washington Brevard and Caroline Elizabeth Mays appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida. Other members of the household included Samuel Mays Brevard, Ephraim A. Brevard, Robert Joseph Brevard and Thomas Sumter Mays Jr.
- He enlisted as a sergeant 8 July 1861 in Company D, 2nd Infantry Florida Regiment, discharged 7 December 1861. Enlisted in Company B, 2nd Battallion Florida Infantry Regiment 12 August 1862, transferred 11 June 1863 from Company B to Company S. Promoted to full Sergeant Major 11 June 1863, to full Lieutenant 3rd Class 14 August 1863, to full Lieutenant 1st Class ca. 01 June 1864. Killed Company B, 2nd Battalion Infantry Regiment Florida 21 August 1864 in Weldon Railroad, Virginia.
- Samuel Mays Brevard died on 21 August 1864 in Virginia at Weldon Railroad.
- He was interred at Machpelah Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Lincolnton, Lincoln County, North Carolina.
- Last Edited: 22 Jul 2014