Horace Oliver Wood
b. 10 May 1903, d. 30 January 1981
- Father: Mathew Stewart Wood b. 17 April 1865, d. 16 September 1955
- Mother: Addie A. Griffin b. 7 December 1873, d. 13 April 1910
- Horace Oliver Wood was born on 10 May 1903 in Texas.
- Mathew Stewart Wood appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Itasca, Hill County, Texas, at North Street. Other members of the household included Horace Oliver Wood, Griffin G. Wood, Albert Newton Wood, Pauline Wood and Seth Wood. Also in the household were housekeeper Anna Cook and her young son Paul. The enumeration actually was done on the 18th, less than a week after the death of Mathew's wife Addie.
- Mathew Stewart Wood and Lila Ann Cheek appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Itasca, Hill County, Texas, at 222 King Street. Other members of the household included Horace Oliver Wood, Albert Newton Wood, Pauline Wood, Seth Wood and Zelda Mae Reynolds. Son Seth also was enumerated in the Waco household of his widowed aunt Annie Monk Wood.
- He married Grace Everetta Finley, daughter of William Harrison Finley and Jennella Gray, in November 1928 in Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas.
- Horace Oliver Wood died on 30 January 1981 at age 77 in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas, at High Plains Baptist Hospital . Informant was Eddie Baird.
- His wife Grace Everetta Finley became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Llano Cemetery, Amarillo, Randall County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 2 Sep 2014