Jemima Susanna Diuguid
b. 11 December 1825, d. 4 November 1897
- Father: William Sampson Duiguid
- Mother: Susannah Thornhill
- On Wedensday, 8 July, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: "Finished Ginning cotton for Mrs Spiller."
- Jemima Susanna Diuguid was born on 11 December 1825 in Campbell County, Virginia.
- She married George Anderson Spiller, son of George W. Spiller and Mary Ann Spears, on 16 May 1844 in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- George Anderson Spiller and Jemima Susanna Diuguid appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Fielding Spiller.
- Jemima Susanna Diuguid became a widow at the 11 April 1854 death of her husband George Anderson Spiller.
- Jemima Susanna Diuguid appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery PO, Montgomery County, Virginia, enumerated next to her brother-in-law Preston Spiller.. Other members of the household included William Fielding Spiller and Harriett Susan Spiller.
- She was a hotel keeper, according to the 1860 census.
- On Monday, 8 June 1863, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: "Sent 30 hands to hoe corn for Mrs Spiller," and on the following day, "Sent hands to Mrs Spillers to hoe corn." Then on the 8th of July, "Ginning cotton for Mr Spiller."
- William Fielding Spiller appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Danville, Montgomery County, Texas, enumerated next to his first cousin Mary Hester Spiller Griffin.. Other members of the household included Jemima Susanna Diuguid. Also in the household was one female domestic servant.
- Jemima Susanna Diuguid died on 4 November 1897 at age 71.
- She was interred at the old Danville cemetery, Montgomery County, Texas, on present-day Shepard Hill Road, near Willis.
- Last Edited: 6 Jul 2013
Family: George Anderson Spiller b. 9 August 1818, d. 11 April 1854
- Allace Lucy Spiller b. 26 April 1845
- William Fielding Spiller+ b. 6 January 1847, d. 27 September 1913
- Mary Susan Spiller b. 6 August 1849, d. 6 August 1850
- Harriett Susan Spiller b. 19 March 1851, d. 20 October 1867