Sarah Jane Jackson
b. 19 April 1839, d. 19 October 1919
- Sarah Jane Jackson was born on 19 April 1839 in Georgia.
- Mark Jackson and Balzora (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Hatchet Creek, Coosa County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Sarah Jane Jackson, Martha Jackson, Mary Jackson, Lefrancis Jackson, Samuel Jackson and William T. Jackson.
- She married Henry Black Wood, son of Allen Wood and Delilah Clower, on 1 September 1859 in Coosa County, Alabama, at the home of Sarah's mother, with John M. Slaughter officiating.
- Henry Black Wood and Sarah Jane Jackson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Mt. Olive, Coosa County, Alabama.
- Sarah Jane Jackson became a widow at the 4 December 1863 death of her husband Henry Black Wood.
- Allen Wood and Delilah Clower appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Marble Valley Beat, Coosa County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Sarah Jane Jackson, William Henry Wood.
- She married Jesse Richard Morris, son of Jesse P. Morris and Mary A. Couglar, on 15 February 1881, he was the paternal grandfather of her son William Henry's wife Cornelia Morris.
- Sarah Jane Jackson died on 19 October 1919 at age 80.
- Last Edited: 30 Jun 2011
Family 1: Henry Black Wood b. 1829, d. 4 December 1863
- William Henry Wood+ b. 23 November 1860, d. 16 February 1941