Helen Lavinia Allebach
b. 26 February 1908, d. 11 October 1995
- Father: William Allebach b. circa 11 November 1872, d. 26 March 1949
- Mother: Cora Brown b. December 1871, d. 2 October 1948
- Helen Lavinia Allebach was born on 26 February 1908 in Ambridge, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, at 134 Maplewood Avenue.
- William Allebach and Cora Brown appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Ambridge, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, at 134 Maplewood Avenue. Other members of the household included Helen Lavinia Allebach, Thaddeus Edward Allebach, Robert William Allebach, Caleb Frederick Allebach and Lewis Albert Allebach.
- William Allebach and Cora Brown appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Los Angeles, California, at 529 California Street. Other members of the household included Helen Lavinia Allebach, Robert William Allebach and Caleb Frederick Allebach.
- The following appeared on 6 December 1924 in The Pittsburgh Press: Mrs. W. Allebach, of Beaver rd., Edgeworth, accompanied by her daughter, Miss Helen Allebach, left for Florida this week, where she has leased the home of Mrs. L. H. Strong in Miami for the winter months.
- She married Ben H. Hill on 16 February 1925 in Palm Beach, Florida.
- The following appeared on 26 February 1925 in The Pittsburgh Press: Announcement is made of the marriage of Miss Helen Allebach, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. Allebach, of Degeworth and Ben H. Hill, son of the late Judge B. H. Hill and Mrs. Hill, of Atlanta, Georgia, which took place Feb. 16 in Palm Beach. The attendants were Mr. and Mrs. A. L. Thompson, Mr. and Mrs. Hill will make their home in Miami.
Mr. Hill is a graduate of Georgia Tech and Emory University.
- The following was published online by The Pittsburgh Press: In the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, State of Pennsylvania. . . Helen Allebach Hill vs. Ben H. Hill in divorce in vinculo matrimonii: To Ben H. Hill, respondent: You will please take notice that the above case has been put at issue and that testimony will be heard by the said court at the City-County building, Pittsburgh, Pa., when it comes up in its turn on the trial list, or as soon thereafter as suits the convenience of the court, when and where you may attend if you see proper. . . .
- William Allebach and Cora Brown appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Edgeworth, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, at 221 Beaver Road. Other members of the household included Helen Lavinia Allebach, Caleb Frederick Allebach.
- She married J. H. Moore circa 1931.
- William Allebach and Cora Brown appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Edgeworth, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, at 221 Beaver Road. Other members of the household included Helen Lavinia Allebach, Caleb Frederick Allebach. In 1935, daughter Helen Moore was living in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- She was employed as a dental assistant in a dentist's office, according to the 1430 census.
- She married Richard William Guarneau on 20 June 1942 in Mt. Lebanon, ????, Pennsylvania, at Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church, with Rev. Hays Morgan Braker officiating.
- The following appeared on 22 June 1942 in The Pittsburgh Press: Miss Helen A. Moore, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Allebach of Sewickley, became the bride of Richard William Guarneau of Park Entrance Drive, Mt. Lebanon, Saturday in the parsonage of the Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church.
Rev. Hays Morgan Braker officiated at the wedding, which was followed by a reception at the home of the bride's parents. The attendants were Miss Elsie Meyer and Harold H. MacLean of New Rochelle, N. Y., brother-in-law of the bridegroom.
After their wedding trip, Mr. and Mrs. Garneau will be at home at 806 Morgantown Ave., Fairmont, W. Va.
- The following appeared on 3 October 1948 in The Pittsburgh Press: Mrs. Cora Brown Allebach, formerly of 221 Beaver Rd., Edgeworth, died Saturday in St. Petersburg, Fla., where she had lived with her daughter for the past three years. She was 77.
Mrs. Allebach is survived by her husband, William Allebach; one daughter, Mrs. Helen Guarneau, St. Petersburg; three sons, R. W. Allebach, Pittsburgh; F. C. Allebach, St. Petersburg and T. E. Allebach, Beaver; two sisters, Mrs. Jennie Montgomery, Pittsburgh, and Mrs. J. Frank Mills, Fredonia, N. Y; 13 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral services and burial will be in St. Petersburg.
- The following appeared on 29 March 1949 in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: [Died] March 26, 1949, at St. Petersburg, Fla., William Allebach, age 76, father of Helen Guarneau and Fred, both of St. Petersburg, Thad, of Beaver, Pa., and Robert Allebach, of Pittsburgh; brother of Burt Allebach, Anne Robertson and Katherine Bolte, of Pittsburgh. Services from the Baynard Funeral Home, March 29. Interment at St. Petersburg.
- Helen Lavinia Allebach became a widow at the 13 November 1976 death of her husband Richard William Guarneau.
- Helen Lavinia Allebach died on 11 October 1995 at age 87 in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida, at Palms of Pasadena Hospital.
- The following appeared on 14 October 1995 in the St. Petersburg Times: [Died] Helen A. Guarneau, 87, of St. Petersburg, died Wednesday (Oct. 11, 1995) at Palms of Pasadena Hospital. Born in Ambridge, Pa., she came here in 1945 from Sewickley, Pa., and was a bookkeeper. She was a Protestant. Survivors include several nieces and nephews. National Cremation Society, Largo.
- Last Edited: 11 Jul 2017