Pearley Mae Nichols
b. 5 March 1897, d. 28 April 1972
- Father: John W. Nichols b. October 1863
- Mother: Nancy Jane Beck b. 6 December 1872, d. 5 October 1955
- Pearley Mae Nichols was born on 5 March 1897 in Texas.
- Nancy Jane Beck and John W. Nichols appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Bryson, Jack County, Texas. Other members of the household included Pearley Mae Nichols, Lillie A. Nichols.
- William Archman Roberts and Nancy Jane Beck appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Seymour, Baylor County, Texas. Other members of the household included Pearley Mae Nichols, John Lonzo Nichols, Sterling W. Roberts and Lydia Roberts.
- She married Ross S. Ward, son of Oscar Zenella Ward and Martha A. Moore.
- Ross S. Ward and Pearley Mae Nichols appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Gaines County, Texas. He is identified as S. B. Ward, age 46, born in Pennsylvania. In 1935, both he and Pearl were living in Pampa, Gray County.
- Ross S. Ward registered for the draft on 27 April 1942 in Yavapai County, Arizona, while living in Octave and employed there by the American Smelting & Refining Company. His name on the card is "S. B. Ross Ward," and he signed as "S. B. Ward," contact Mrs. Pearlie May Ward, also residing in Octave.
- The following appeared on 21 March 1946 in the Tucson Daily Citizen: For Sale--Come to Green Lantern Court, 25-ft. trailer with rugs and roaster, air-foam beds, ramada with chairs, green lawn with white fence. A clean home, priced right. Ross Ward.
- The following appeared on 19 December 1947 in the Tucson Daily Citizen: Lost--Western leather billfold, downtown, return papers, reward or keep money, Mrs. Ross Ward, 1800 Oracle Road, Green Lantern Court.
- The following appeared on 13 October 1955 in The Ukiah News: Funeral services for Nancy J. Roberts, 83, who died Oct. 5, in Ukiah, were held Monday, Oct. 10, from the Ballard Funeral home, Rosewell, N. M. Local arrangements were made by the Zimmerman Mortuary.
Mrs. Roberts was a native of Alabama. The last three years she resided with her daughter, Mrs. Nell Huggins, in Ukiah at 541 South School street. Prior to that she lived in Rockport 14 years.
Survivors include six children, Mrs. Huggins, Pearl Ward, Laytonville; Sterling Roberts, Ukiah; Edward Roberts, Lonzo Nichols and Ruth Owen, all of Roswell, N. M; four brothers, Alex Beck, Ukiah; Jay Beck, Encino, N. M; Leo Beck, Lefors, Texas, and Boss Beck, Estancia, N. M., 14 grandchildren, 16 great grandchildren and one great great grandchild.
- The SSDI lists Ruidoso, Lincoln County, New Mexico, as the last residence of record of Pearley Mae Nichols.
- Pearley Mae Nichols died on 28 April 1972 at age 75.
- Her husband Ross S. Ward became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at South Park Cemetery, Roswell, Chaves County, New Mexico. Inscribed on her grave marker:
Pearley N. Ward / Mar. 5, 1897 / Apr. 28, 1972.
- Last Edited: 9 Jul 2016