Augustus Taveau Simons
b. 22 September 1847, d. 27 April 1900
- Augustus Taveau Simons was born on 22 September 1847 in South Carolina.
- He married Naomi McPherson Mitchell circa 1880.
- Augustus Taveau Simons died on 27 April 1900 at age 52 in Washington, District of Columbia.
- His wife Naomi McPherson Mitchell became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Magnolia Cemetery, Charleston, South Carolina.
- The following appeared on 28 April 1900 in The Evening Post: Died on the 27th inst., of pneumonia, at Washington, C. C. Augustus Taveau Simons, in the 53d year of his age.
The relatives and friends of Mr. and Mrs. Augustus T. Simons are invited to attend the funeral services of the former at St. Paul's church this afternoon at 5 o'clock.
Baltimore and Atlanta papers please copy.
- The following appeared on 28 April 1900 in The Evening Post: Mr. Augustus Taveau Simons, a well known Charlestonian, who for several years past has done business in Georgia as a cotton buyer, died yesterday of pneumonia in Washington, D. C.
Mr. Simmons went to Washington about two weeks ago on business and while there contracted a severe cold which developed into grippe and later in to pneumonia. He was ill at his hotel for several days and was then removed to the home of relatives in Washington. His condition became serious and his brother, Mr. Theo. J. Simons of Charleston, was summoned to his bedside and reached there just before his death. The body was brought to Charleston this morning and will be buried this afternoon. The funeral services will be held at St. Paul's church at 5 o'clock.
Mr. Simons went to Washington about a daughter of the late Dr. Mitchell, and she, with four children, survive him.
- Last Edited: 28 Sep 2016