b. 7 July 1895, d. 1 March 1944
- Father: John Gardner Lile b. 6 July 1866, d. 1 September 1951
- Mother: Mary Christian Wood b. 1 July 1869, d. 1 November 1902
- Hugh Lile was born on 7 July 1895 in Buckner, Lafayette County, Arkansas.
- John Gardner Lile and Mary Christian Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Conway, Faulkner County, Arkansas, at Central Baptist College (for girls), where both John and Christian were teachers at Central Baptist College. Other members of the household included Hugh Lile, Ruth Lile.
- John Gardner Lile and Sarah Emma McLure appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Magnolia Township, Columbia County, Arkansas. Other members of the household included Hugh Lile, Ruth Lile and Ocie Lile.
- A photographic portrait was made of the children of John Gardner Lile and wives Mary Christian Wood and Emma McLure, about 1911.
- Hugh Lile registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Clark County, Arkansas, while single and living in Arkadelphia, employed by the Arkadelphia School District. He reports having served for three yearsas a private in the Arkansas National Guard.
- Hugh Lile registered for the draft in 1942 in Pulaski County, Arkansas, while living with his father at 5020 Hillcrest in Little Rock, and employed there in the insurance business at 321 West 2nd.
- Hugh Lile died on 1 March 1944 at age 48 in Pulaski County, Arkansas.
- Last Edited: 5 Sep 2014