William WATSON Rutland
b. 4 November 1883, d. 22 September 1922
- Father: John Blake Rutland b. August 1851, d. 2 February 1918
- Mother: Eugenia Agnes Askew b. 21 February 1855, d. 11 January 1911
- William WATSON Rutland was born on 4 November 1883 in Alabama.
- John Blake Rutland and Eugenia Agnes Askew appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Lanette, Chambers County, Alabama. Other members of the household included William WATSON Rutland, James Richard Rutland, Jesse Blake Rutland, Henry Thomas Rutland, Ransom Eugene Rutland, Frances Susan Rutland and Frances Elizabeth Chivers.
- He married Martha Frances Watson on 23 September 1909 in Paulding County, Georgia.
- William WATSON Rutland and Martha Frances Watson appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Coosa County, Alabama.
- He was a clergyman, according to the 1910 census.
- William WATSON Rutland registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Jackson County, Alabama, while living with his wife Frances in Flat Rock, and employed there preaching at the Methodist Episcopal Church and teaching at Flat Rock High School.
- William WATSON Rutland and Martha Frances Watson appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Kash, Jackson County, Alabama. Also in the household were children Anna (age 9), Martha (7), John E. (6) and Frances (2).
- He was a high school instructor, according to the 1920 census.
- William WATSON Rutland died on 22 September 1922 at age 38 in Haleyville, Winston County, Alabama.
- He was interred at Haleyville, Winston County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 26 Jul 2014