Leslie Bonneau Brodnax
b. 16 March 1882, d. 20 October 1945
- Father: William B. Brodnax b. circa 1854, d. circa April 1883
- Mother: Courtney Jennetta Wilson b. 27 February 1857, d. 4 January 1937
- Leslie Bonneau Brodnax was born on 16 March 1882 in San Augustine County, Texas.
- James B. Johnson and Courtney Jennetta Wilson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in San Augustine, San Augustine County, Texas, at Main Street. Other members of the household included Leslie Bonneau Brodnax, Mary Olive Brodnax.
- He married Anne Elizabeth Graham, daughter of George Graham and Margaret (?), circa 1904.
- Leslie Bonneau Brodnax registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Bexar County, Texas, while living with his wife Bessie at 545 Denver Boulevard in San Antonio, employed there as an express messenger and baggage man by American Railway Express Company.
- Leslie Bonneau Brodnax died on 20 October 1945 at age 63 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, at Santa Rosa Hospital . His death was officially witnessed by Marguerite E. Brodnax.
- At the time of his death Leslie Bonneau Brodnax was living in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, at 545 Denver Boulevard.
- His wife Anne Elizabeth Graham became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at San Jose Burial Park, San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 22 October 1945 in the San Antonio Express: Leslie Bonneau Brodnax, 63, of 545 Denver Blvd., died at a hospital Saturday evening. He was a native of St. Augustine, Texas, and had resided in San Antonio for the past 16 years.
He entered the service of American Railway Express Agency in September 1900 and ran as messenger for them for 45 years in the West Texas Division.
[:TAB: He is survived by his widow, Mrs. Bessie Brodnax; four daughters, Mrs. Margaret Potenza, Mrs. Pearl Bosler, Mrs. Jeanette Justice, Mrs. Charlsie Feltham, all of San Antonio; a sister, Mrs. C. P. Murphy, of Jasper, Texas, and four grandchildren.
:TAB: Services will be Tuesday morning.
- The following appeared on 22 October 1945 in the San Antonio Light: [Died] Leslie Bonneau Brodnax, age 63 years, of 545 Denver Blvd., died at a local hospital Saturday evening. He is survived by: Wife, Mrs. Bessie Brodnax; daughters, Mrs. Margaret Potenza, Mrs. Pearl Bosier, Mrs. Jeannette Justice, Mrs. Charlsie Feltham; sister, Mrs. C. P. Murphy; four grandchildren. Services will be Tuesday morning at 10 o'clock at the Porter Loring Chapel, Rev. J. Wendell Moffitt officiating. Interment in San Jose Burial Park. Jasper and Houston, Texas, papers please copy.
- Last Edited: 13 Feb 2016