b. 13 October 1806, d. 10 June 1892
- James Rutland was born on 13 October 1806 in South Carolina.
- He married Susan Williamson Bonner on 23 December 1831.
- James Rutland and Susan Williamson Bonner appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Hickory Flat, Chambers County, Alabama, enumerated next to their son John.. Other members of the household included Thomas Rutland. Also in the household were James' sister Charity O'Hara, Susan's sister Caroline Bonner, and grandsons Alison and Elma Rutland, not yet recorded.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- James Rutland became a widower at the 30 November 1887 death of his wife Susan Williamson Bonner.
- James Rutland died on 10 June 1892 at age 85 in Chambers County, Alabama.
- He was interred at State Line Congregational Christian Church Cemetery, Standing Rock, Chambers County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 24 Dec 2011