Jana Sue Pegues
b. 7 October 1940, d. 27 March 2014
- Father: Loyd Wesley Pegues b. 28 June 1909, d. 18 October 1983
- Mother: Maudie Lee Gibson b. 9 April 1913, d. 13 November 1997
- Jana Sue Pegues was born on 7 October 1940 in Madison County, Texas.
- Jana Sue Pegues died on 27 March 2014 at age 73 in Bryan, Brazos County, Texas.
- She was interred at Plainview Cemetery, Madison County, Texas.
- The following was published online by McCauley Funeral Home: Jana Sue Harris, 73, of Franklin, Texas passed away on Thursday, March 27, 2014 in Bryan, Texas. She was born on October 7, 1940 in Normangee, Texas to Loyd and Maudie Gibson Pegues. She married Melvin Loyd Harris on February 9, 1957 in Bryan, Texas. She was employed as a secretary for many years until her retirement. She had been a resident of Franklin for the past 14 years previously living in Huntsville. She was preceded in death by her parents and brothers, Lee Wayne Pegues and Carlos Ray Pegues.
She is survived by: husband Melvin Harris of Franklin; daughters and sons-in-law Donna and Toy Berry of Bryan, Pam and Joe Goodson of Franklin; sons and daughter-in-law Morris and Jerri Harris of New Waverly, Charles Harris of Bryan; sisters and brothers-in-law Mary Lou and Butch Lee of Bryan, Patricia and Peanut Gibson of Bryan, Debbie Matthews of Bryan; brothers and sisters-in-law Morris and Janie Pegues of Normangee, Don Pegues of California, Cliff and Cecila Pegues of Bryan; 8 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren.
Services will be held on Saturday, March 29, 2013 at the Plainview Cemetery near Normangee. Visitation will be held on Friday, March 28, 2014 from 6-8 P.M. at McCauley Funeral Home in Franklin, Texas.
Donations may be made to the Brazos Valley Hospice 502 West 26th Street Bryan, Texas 77802.
- Last Edited: 9 Mar 2015