Ruby Bell Pegues
b. 17 December 1906, d. 31 March 1983
- Father: William Edward Pegues b. 17 December 1886, d. 28 April 1963
- Mother: Minerva Christina Keefer b. 17 April 1882, d. 4 May 1914
- Ruby Bell Pegues was born on 17 December 1906 in Texas.
- William Edward Pegues and Minerva Christina Keefer appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Madison County, Texas. Other members of the household included Ruby Bell Pegues, Loyd Wesley Pegues.
- A photograhic portrait was made of William Edward "Ned" Pegues and his children Ruby and Loyd, about 1913.
- William Edward Pegues and Myrtle Alice Lawson appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 near the Springfield Road.. Other members of the household included Ruby Bell Pegues, Loyd Wesley Pegues, Aston Dean Pegues, Christopher Maurice Pegues and Ellis V. Abbott.
- She married Bert Norwood Windsor on 29 August 1923.
- Ruby Bell Pegues became a widow at the 25 February 1935 death of her husband Bert Norwood Windsor.
- She married Nealy E. Bottoms, son of John F. Bottoms and Dora (?), on 20 November 1935, but the marriage apparently lasted for only a short time.
- She married Hiram Quincy Gregg, son of Hiram John Gregg and Lavonia Carlisle, in May 1941.
- Ruby Bell Pegues became a widow at the 22 March 1966 death of her husband Hiram Quincy Gregg.
- She officially witnessed the death of Hiram Quincy Gregg on 22 March 1966 at Madison County Hospital in Madisonville, Madison County, Texas.
- She married Tommie H. Smith on 4 June 1976 in Montgomery County, Texas.
- She and Tommie H. Smith were divorced on 3 October 1977 at Harris County, Texas.
- Ruby Bell Pegues died on 31 March 1983 at age 76 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- She was interred at Plainview Cemetery, Madison County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 10 Mar 2015
Family 1: Bert Norwood Windsor b. 29 December 1901, d. 25 February 1935
Family 2: Nealy E. Bottoms b. 2 January 1897, d. 14 May 1969
- Nelda Erleie Bottoms b. 28 May 1938, d. 8 June 2004