Verlan Cuthrel Pegues
b. 2 August 1926, d. 16 September 2011
- Father: William Edward Pegues b. 17 December 1886, d. 28 April 1963
- Mother: Myrtle Alice Lawson b. 25 January 1890, d. 13 April 1971
- Verlan Cuthrel Pegues was born on 2 August 1926 in Texas.
- William Edward Pegues and Myrtle Alice Lawson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Madison County, Texas, at Springfield Road. Other members of the household included Verlan Cuthrel Pegues, Loyd Wesley Pegues, Ellis V. Abbott, Aston Dean Pegues, Christopher Maurice Pegues, Carlos Beauford Pegues and Marshel Edward Pegues.
- Loyd Wesley Pegues and Maudie Lee Gibson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Madison County, Texas, at Plainview & George Road. Other members of the household included Verlan Cuthrel Pegues, Lee Wayne Pegues, William Edward Pegues, Minerva Christina Keefer, Ellis V. Abbott, Christopher Maurice Pegues, Carlos Beauford Pegues and Marshel Edward Pegues.
- Verlan Cuthrel Pegues died on 16 September 2011 at age 85 in Madisonville, Madison County, Texas, at Madisonville Care Center.
- He was interred at Plainview Cemetery, Madison County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 18 September 2011 in The Bryan-College Station Eagle: Verlan Pegues, 85, of North Zulch, died Friday, Sept. 16 at Madisonville Care Center. Services are set for 2 p.m. Monday, September 19, at Madisonville Funeral Home with interment following in Plainview Cemetery in Madison County. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home.
- The following appeared on 21 September 2011 in The Madisonville Meteor (online): Verlan Pegues, age 85 of North Zulch, died on Friday, Sept. 16 at the Madisonville Care Center. Funeral services are set for 2:00 p.m., Monday, September 19 at the Madisonville Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will be at the Plainview Cemetery on FM 1452 West in Madison County. The family will receive friends from 6 pm to 8 pm on Sunday evening at the funeral home.
Mr. Pegues was born on August 2, 1926 to William Edward & Myrtle (Lawson) Pegues. He was a resident of North Zulch for 30 years and a member of the Freewill Baptist Church of North Zulch.
Mr. Pegues worked at the Second National Bank in Houston for many years. After leaving the bank, he started a business dealing in juke boxes and gaming machines. Mr. Pegues served in the US Navy during World War II.
He was preceded in death by his parents; five brothers, Marshall Pegues, Maurice Pegues, Aston Pegues, Ellis Abott, Loyd Pegues and a sister, Ruby Smith. Survivors include a son, Gary Alvarado of New York and his brother, Carols Pegues of Normangee.
- Last Edited: 10 Mar 2015