b. circa 1826
- Father: Richard M. Ward b. 14 November 1799, d. 3 August 1863
- Mother: Urethea White b. 5 March 1803, d. 3 April 1893
- Elvira Ward was born circa 1826 in Georgia.
- Richard M. Ward and Urethea White appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1840 in Chambers County, Alabama. Other (counted but unnamed) members of the household apparently included Elvira Ward, William Ward, Alexander Sanford Ward, Malissa Ward, Fletcher H. Ward, James W. Ward and Charles B. Ward.
- She married Ellison G. Cochran on 25 April 1844 in Chambers County, Alabama, with John A Hurst, MG, officiating.
- Ellison G. Cochran and Elvira Ward appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Chambers County, Georgia. Other members of the household included John Cochran, William Cochran and Milton Cochran. They were enumerated one household away from William Whitfield Ward, who may have been Elvira's cousin.
- Richard C. Ward and James E. Cochran appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Coweta County, Georgia. Other members of the household included Elvira Ward, Urethea White.
- Last Edited: 30 Aug 2011