b. 16 February 1921, d. 16 August 2004
- Father: Ernest Henry Witker b. 24 September 1877, d. 11 April 1964
- Mother: Louise Marie Ziegler b. 10 February 1878
- Annabelle Witker was born on 16 February 1921 in Ohio.
- Ernest Henry Witker and Louise Marie Ziegler appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio, at 2702 Scottwood Avenue. Other members of the household included Annabelle Witker, Clarence Witker, Louis C. Witker and Jack Carlton Witker.
- Annabelle Witker died on 16 August 2004 at age 83 in Sylvania, Lucas County, Ohio, at Flower Hospital.
- She was interred at Calvary Cemetery, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio.
- The following appeared on 20 August 2004 in The Blade: Annabelle Witker, age 83, of Sylvania, passed away Monday, August 16, 2004, in Flower Hospital. Annabelle was a retired bookkeeper having worked in the bookkeeping and payroll department at Donovan Wire & Iron Company, retiring after 43 years. She was a graduate of St. Ursula Academy and attended The University of Toledo for 1 year. Her memberships included st. Joseph-Sylvania Catholic Church.
She is survived and had a special relationship with Rosemary "Posey" Judge and gladly shared the responsibility of raising Patricia, Mike and Tom Eyres.
Although she never married, she became the matriarch of a large family of nieces, nephews and unrelated friends, all of whom loved and admired her, and who traveled from near and far to enjoy her dry wit and straightforward manner, and loved her for that directness.
She was a great listener who was interested in everyone and what was going on in their lives and enjoyed a glass with all of them.
She could drive a nail or sail a boat. She taught us to bowl, stand on our heads, can tomatoes, and shoot baskets in our stocking feet. If you've ever ridden in a car with her and had to decide which way to go, you've seen her point to one road and ask "Have you ever been down this road before?"
There was no visitation. Graveside services were held on Saturday, August 21, 2004, in Calvary Cemetery at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers, Annabelle would ask that a donation be made to a charity of your choice and would love to have her family and friends lift a glass in her memory.
Arrangements by the J. Jeffrey Fretti Funeral Home, 5045 W. Sylvania Avenue (at Corey Rd.) 419-843-1117.
- Last Edited: 12 Mar 2011