Joseph John Jancewic
b. 27 November 1920, d. 31 August 1995
- Joseph John Jancewic was born on 27 November 1920 in Newburyport, Essex County, Massachusetts.
- He married Josephine Ophelia Adams, daughter of Robert Lee Adams and Ophelia Jane Foreman.
- Joseph John Jancewic became a widower at the 28 November 1990 death of his wife Josephine Ophelia Adams.
- The following appeared on 31 August 1995 in the Birmingham News: Joseph John Jancewic, age 74, of Homewood, Alabama, died Thursday, August 31, 1995. He was born and raised in Newburyport, Massachusetts; lived in Atlanta for 46 years and the last four years in Homewood. He served in WWII. Educated in Newburyport School System where he excelled in football and basketball. He attended the University of Georgia and retired from Coldsteel Company in Georgia. Survivors include: wife, Betty Murphy Jancewic; two stepchildren, Brenda Gibson and husband, Walter, of Homewood, Ala., Gregg Murphy of Homewood, Ala; step grandchildren, Jeff, Jason, and Jennifer Harris; sister, Alyce Pelponovich of Newburyport, Mass; brothers, Edward Jancewicz and wife, Mabel, of Newburyport, Mass., Stanley Jancewicz and wife, Jennie, of Newburyport, Mass; nephews, Rick Adams of Atlanta, Ga., and Hal Adams of Ft. Myers, Fla; many other nieces, nephews, and cousins in New England, Georgia, and Florida. Funeral services will be held Saturday, September 2, at Dawson Memorial Baptist Church Chapel at 2:00 P.M. with Rev. Bob Gladney officiating, with burial at Forest Hills Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday, September 1, from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. at Ridout's Valley Chapel, Homewood, Ala. Ridout's Valley Chapel directing.
- Joseph John Jancewic died on 31 August 1995 at age 74 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 7 Mar 2011