Vivian Nanny Riley
b. 28 March 1901, d. 8 February 1978
- Father: Thomas Oliver Riley b. 31 December 1857, d. 8 September 1921
- Mother: Evelyn Annie Wood b. 30 July 1875, d. 26 April 1960
- Vivian Nanny Riley was born on 28 March 1901 in Llano County, Texas.
- Thomas Oliver Riley and Evelyn Annie Wood appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Llano, Llano County, Texas, at Main Street. Other members of the household included Vivian Nanny Riley, Thelma Wood Riley and Viva Ellis Riley.
- Thomas Oliver Riley and Evelyn Annie Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, at 370 Schley Avenue. Other members of the household included Vivian Nanny Riley, Thelma Wood Riley and Viva Ellis Riley.
- She was a saleslady in a department store, according to the 1920 census.
- Evelyn Annie Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, at 110 West French. Other members of the household included Vivian Nanny Riley, Edward John Mitchell. Edward Mitchell and his son Ed possibly were kin to Evelyn's mother. Daughter Vivian also may have been enumerated as "Vivian Johnson," living with her aunt Bessie Wood.
- The following appeared on 8 August 1937 in the San Antonio Express: Word has been received from Miss Vivian Riley, who sailed for Europe on the Normandie in June. She has made motor trips over Brittany and Normandy and was a guest at the Chateau Frotenacin Paris. She is now in London and is a guest of Miss Ellerbe Wood at the Grovesnor hotel. She will return to Paris on the Imperial airline to attend the exposition and sail for home on the Normandie in the early fall. After a visit in New York city and New England, she will return home.
- The following appeared on 6 January 1959 in the San Antonio Express: Miss Bessie Wood, of 124 E. French Place, passed on Saturday at 107 E. Mulberry Ave., the home of her sister. Survivors: brother Campbell Wood of Los Angeles, CA; sisters Mrs. E. W. Riley of San Antonio, Miss Ellerbe Wood and Miss Annie Laurie Wood, both of New York City; nieces Mrs. Vivian Riley and Mrs. E. M. Stevens, both of San Antonio. Graveside service was held Monday afternoon at 3:30 at Sunset Memorial Park. Arrangements by Porter Loring.
- The following appeared on 28 April 1960 in the San Antonio Express: Mrs Evelyn Wood Riley, of 107 E. Mulberry Ave., died Tuesday (26 Apr 1960) at her home. She was a member of Travis Park Methodist Church. Survivors are: Daughters Miss Vivian Riley, Mrs. E. M. Stevens, both of San Antonio; brother Campbell Wood, Los Angeles, CA; sisters Miss Ellerbe Wood, Miss Annie Laurie Wood, both of New York City. Service Thursday at 3:30 at the Porter Loring Chapel with Rev. Grover I. Chapman officiating. Honorary Pallbearers: Edwin Word, Henry Word, Parvin Spencer, R. C. Delevan, George Delevan, A. V. Bowers, Ted Morehouse, Dr. A. E. Boysen, James Caskey, Robert Barbee, Rolla Steen, Eric Heydenrich. Interment in Sunset Memorial Park under the direction of Porter Loring.
- She officially witnessed the death of Ellerbe English Wood on 16 January 1968 at 107 East Mulberry Avenue in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas; at her residence.
- At the time of her death Vivian Nanny Riley was living in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, at 107 East Mulberry Avenue.
- Vivian Nanny Riley died on 8 February 1978 at age 76 in Bexar County, Texas.
- She was interred at Sunset Memorial Park, San Antionio, Bexar County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 11 February 1978 in the San Antonio Express: Miss Vivian N. Riley, age 76, of 107 E. Mulberry Ave., died Wednesday, February 8, 1978. She was a member of Travis Park United Methodist Church. Survivors: Sister, Mrs. E. M. (Thelma) Stevens, San Antonio. Service Friday at 1 o'clock in the Colonial Chapel of the Porter Loring Mortuary, Dr. Daniel E. Solomon officiating. Honorary pallbearers: Dr. Leon Kopecky, Reynolds Faulk, Earl Schiller, Milton Schiller, W. R. Stevens, Julius Posey, Robert Hollingsworth, Cecil Slater, CVARL Carl V.?) Gildemeister, Erich Heydenreich, Sr., Dr. A. C. Nagle, D. F. Saunders, Arthur Stewart, Leland Cude, Jack Lewis, Sr., Jack Lewis, Jr., Harold Erickson, R. O. Kipp, George Delavan, Jr., R. E. Night, Willie Van Stokke, Ray Flanders, Stanley Brehmer, Stanley Southworth, O. V. Bennett, Andy Beaver, Arthur Joseph, Duane Moore, T. H. Bates. Interment in Sunset Memorial Park. Arrangements with Porter Loring.
- Last Edited: 7 Mar 2012