b. circa 1749, d. 2 October 1847
- James Caldwell was born circa 1749.
- He was a patriot in the Revolutionary War.
- Likely James Caldwell is enumerated in the 1830 census in Calvert, Abbeville District, South Carolina, in the household of his daughter Agnes Teague (as a male, age 80-89).
- James Caldwell died on 2 October 1847.
- He was interred at Davistown Cemetery, Old Davisville, Benton (later Calhoun) County, Alabama, near Anniston.. Monumental inscription: "Sacred to the memory of James Caldwell, who died Oct. 2nd, 1847; in the 98th year of his age. He was a soldier of the Revolution."
- Last Edited: 2 Mar 2014
- Agnes Caldwell+ b. circa 1792, d. between 1870 and 1880