b. circa 1799
- Nicholas Harder was born circa 1799 in New York likely in Claverack, then county seat of Columbia County.
- He married Celinda Cammack on 16 March 1829 in Perry County, Alabama, which may be the license/bond date.
- He acquired property at Perry County, Alabama, on 16 November 1830 80.36 acres from the US General Land Office.
- Nicholas Harder became a widower at the between 1845 and 1850 death of his wife Celinda Cammack.
- Nicholas Harder appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Marengo County, Alabama, and the two youngest children, Mariah and Edward, were enumerated in the households of Ann Torbert and Christopher Pegues.. Other members of the household included Robert Julian Harder, John L. Harder, Sarah Harder, Adeliza Harder and Amina Jaqueline Harder.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- Last Edited: 22 Apr 2012
Family: Celinda Cammack b. circa 1809, d. between 1845 and 1850
- Daniel N. Harder b. circa 1829, d. circa 1859
- Robert Julian Harder b. circa 1831
- William Wallace Harder+ b. 17 June 1833, d. 17 August 1892
- Sarah Harder b. circa 1835
- Adeliza Harder b. circa 1839
- Amina Jaqueline Harder b. circa 1840, d. 4 April 1927
- John L. Harder b. circa 1841, d. 2 September 1858
- Mariah Louise Harder+ b. 13 January 1844, d. 26 July 1923
- Edward Christopher Harder b. 22 October 1845, d. 11 May 1918