James B. Garrett
b. 24 January 1857, d. 15 September 1882
- Father: Sanford V. Garrett b. circa 1829, d. December 1862
- Mother: Nancy E. Greene b. circa 1833, d. circa 1883
- James B. Garrett was born on 24 January 1857 in Alabama.
- Sanford V. Garrett and Nancy E. Greene appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montevallo PO, Shelby County, Alabama. Other members of the household included James B. Garrett, Thomas G. Garrett.
- James H. Adams and Nancy E. Greene appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Montevallo PO, Shelby County, Alabama, living not far from his daughter Josephine Brown.. Other members of the household included James B. Garrett, Robert Lee Adams and Mary Elizabeth Garrett.
- He married Kate Backus circa 1879.
- James B. Garrett and Kate Backus appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Selma, Dallas County, Alabama. Also in the household was one female domestic servant.
- He was a telegraph operator, according to the 1880 census.
- James B. Garrett died on 15 September 1882 at age 25.
- His wife Kate Backus became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Montevallo Cemetery, Montevallo, Shelby County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 16 Mar 2014