Margie Burnelda Martin
b. 28 March 1920, d. 12 June 2007
- Father: Hiram Fredric Martin b. 7 May 1892, d. 18 January 1950
- Mother: Esther Mae Greenhill b. 16 December 1896, d. 24 March 1975
- Margie Burnelda Martin was born on 28 March 1920 in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
- The Martin children were photographed in 1921 -- Opal, Margie and BW.
- Hiram Fredric Martin and Esther Mae Greenhill appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas, at 131 South Covington Street. Other members of the household included Margie Burnelda Martin, Opal Fern Martin and Bernice Wilford Martin. And there were two female boarders in the household.
- Esther Mae Greenhill appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas, at 412 East Walnut. Other members of the household included Margie Burnelda Martin.
- She was employed as an operator by the telephone company, according to the 1940 census.
- She married Max Ray Brewer on 8 January 1949 in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
- She officially witnessed the death of Esther Mae Greenhill on 24 March 1975 at Hillsboro Hospital in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
- Margie Burnelda Martin became a widow at the 29 January 2002 death of her husband Max Ray Brewer.
- Margie Burnelda Martin died on 12 June 2007 at age 87 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas.
- She was interred at Waco Memorial Park, Waco, McLennan County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 14 June 2007 in the Waco Tribune-Herald: Margie Martin Brewer, 87, of Waco passed away on Tuesday June 12, 2007, at a local hospital. Services will be 10 a.m. Friday at OakCrest Funeral Home, 4520 Bosque Blvd., with Deacon Jeffery Heiple officiating. A reception will follow at Margie's home. Burial will be private at Waco Memorial Park. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at OakCrest Funeral Home.
Margie was born March 28, 1920, in Hillsboro to Mr. and Mrs. Martin. She married the love of her life, Max Brewer Sr., on Jan. 8, 1949, in Waco. Margie had worked for Southwestern Bell Telephone Company and later co-owned Brewers Furniture with her husband.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Max, on Jan. 29, 2002, and her parents.
Margie is survived by her son, Max Brewer Jr. and wife, Sisi of Waco; granddaughters, Hallie and Victoria Brewer of Waco; sister, Opal Wood of Navasota; and nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Pallbearers will be her nephews.
Memorials may be made to Reicher High School or the Charity of your choice.
- Last Edited: 25 Aug 2016