George Rodney Stewart
b. 16 September 1896, d. 13 September 1968
- George Rodney Stewart was born on 16 September 1896 in Bryan, Brazos County, Texas.
- George Rodney Stewart registered for the draft on 5 September 1918 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
- He married Ruth Ann Vaughan, daughter of Peter Hardy Vaughan and Ellen Hicksey Harrison, circa 1919.
- He served in the military during World War I, according to the 1930 census.
- George Rodney Stewart and Ruth Ann Vaughan appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, at 1620 23rd Street. Other members of the household included Mamie Vaughan.
- He was a "checker transp," according to the 1930 census.
- His wife Ruth Ann Vaughan became a widow at his death.
- George Rodney Stewart died on 13 September 1968 at age 71 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
- He was interred at Sunny Lane Cemetery, Del City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, according to some sources, but their grave marker is lacking death dates.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Ruth Ann Vaughan and George Rodney Stewart.
- Last Edited: 31 Oct 2011