Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar Jr.
b. 1854, d. 9 April 1936
- Father: Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar b. 17 September 1825, d. 23 January 1893
- Mother: Virginia Lafayette Longstreet b. 24 June 1826, d. 30 December 1884
- Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar Jr. was born in 1854 in Lafayette County, Mississippi.
- Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar Jr. died on 9 April 1936 in Washington, District of Columbia.
- He was interred at Oxford Memorial Cemetery, Oxford, Lafayette County, Mississippi.
- The following appeared in the North Mississippi Herald: (Washington, April 10) Funeral services will be held tomorrow for L. Q. C. Lamar, Jr., former Indian fighter and public official, who died here yesterday.
A native of Mississippi, he was 82 years of age, and had made his home here more than a half a century. Temporary burial will be in Oak Hill cemetery. The body later will be removed to the family plot at Oxford, Miss.
As a young man Lamar was a scout with Gen. Nelson A. Miles in the Indian campaigns of 1876 and 1877, marked by the retreat into Canada of the famous chieftain Sitting Bull. He was recorded of the federal land office here under Presidents Grover Cleveland, Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.
- Last Edited: 31 Jul 2010