Ann Campbell Raborn
b. 7 October 1925, d. 29 July 2012
- Father: George Washington Raborn b. 28 October 1888, d. 23 March 1948
- Mother: Annie Fariss Campbell b. 25 June 1890, d. 13 August 1960
- Ann Campbell Raborn was born on 7 October 1925 in Orange, Orange County, Texas.
- George Washington Raborn and Annie Fariss Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Orange, Orange County, Texas, at 508 Fourth Street. Other members of the household included Ann Campbell Raborn, George Washington Raborn Jr.
- She officially witnessed the death of George Washington Raborn Jr. on 24 June 1974 at St. David's Hospital in Austin, Travis County, Texas.
- She officially witnessed the death of Sue Katharine Campbell on 17 April 1975 at St. David's Hospital in Austin, Travis County, Texas.
- Ann Campbell Raborn died on 29 July 2012 at age 86.
- The following appeared on 31 July 2012 in the Austin American-Statesman: Ann Raborn Graves, age 86, of Austin passed away on July 29, 2012. She was the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Clark C. Campbell of Austin, Texas, and the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. George W. Raborn of Orange, Texas. Ann was a member of All Saints' Episcopal Church and of the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of Texas.
She graduated from the University of Texas and received a Master's Degree in Library Science from Louisiana State University. She was a reference librarian at Tulane University and The Texas State Library until her retirement.
Survivors include her first cousins, Mrs. Max (Ann Clark Campbell) Howard of Lynchburg, Virginia, and Mr. Robert F. Campbell, Jr., of Wichita Falls, Texas. Her brother George W. Raborn and her first cousin Flora Keith Campbell Cawthon predeceased her.
The family of Ann Graves extends their heartfelt appreciation to the caregivers of Home Option (Vera Nixon, Alma Maxon, Mary Lou Chazan, Yvonne Mwaniki, Christina Trevino, and Priscilla Martinez), Amy Grimes and Michelle Stetka of Heart to Heart Hospice, and Dr. Warren Thamarus.
Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. at All Saints' Episcopal Church on the 31st day of July, 2012.
The family suggests that memorial contributions be made to a Hospice organization of your choice.
- Last Edited: 5 Nov 2013