Edna Inez Haynie
b. 8 July 1911, d. 7 November 1982
- Father: Robert Lee Haynie b. October 1870, d. 11 July 1926
- Mother: Lora May Sansom b. 17 August 1883, d. 18 December 1962
- Edna Inez Haynie was born on 8 July 1911 in Jones County, Texas.
- Robert Lee Haynie and Lora May Sansom appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Stamford, Jones County, Texas, at 108 West Oliver. Other members of the household included Edna Inez Haynie, Thomas Jefferson Haynie and Elbert B. Haynie.
- Lora May Sansom appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Stamford, Jones County, Texas, at 108 West Oliver. Other members of the household included Edna Inez Haynie.
- She was attending school and employed as a teacher of expression, according to the 1930 census.
- She married Alfred Swenson Lieb on 1 July 1933 in Jones County, Texas.
- She officially witnessed the death of Lora May Sansom on 18 December 1962 at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder, Scurry County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 2 December 1972 in The Abilene Reporter-News: Thomas Jefferson (Jeff) Haynie, 72, of 1210 Amarillo, longtime Abilene businessman, died about 4 p.m. Friday after a lengthy illness.
Funeral will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at First Central Presbyterian Church where he was for many years a deacon. The Rev. Joe Owens will officiate. North's Funeral Home will direct Burial in Elmwood Memorial Park.
Mr. Haynie is survived by his wife, Mickey; by a son R. L. (Bob) Haynie and a daughter, Mrs. Jim Wallace, both of Denver, Colo., by five grandchildren, all of Denver, and by a half-sister, Mrs. Alfred Lieb of Snyder.
Mr. Haynie had been ill since 1967 suffering from arteriosclerosis. He underwent treatment at various hospitals. For the last four years he had been a patient at Sunnydale Nursing Home where he died.
Native of Youngsport, Tex., he was reared at Stamford and attended public schools there. Later he was graduated from business college at Tyler. He was associated with his father, the late R. L. Haynie, in a wholesale hardware company and later operated hardware stores in Sweetwater and Midland.
He moved to Abilene in 1933 to become an associate in the Ed S. Hughes Hardware Co. Later he was co-owner with Jack Yonge of the Taylor County Lumber Co. located at South 7th and Pecan. He sold his interests in 1957 to join Lawrence Realty Co. with which he was associated until ill health forced his retirement in 1967.
He was veteran of World War I, a former member of the Downtown Lions Club, the Abilene Board of Realtors and a longtime member of the water development committee of the Abilene Chamber of Commerce.
Pallbearers will be L. N. Wilkinson, L. F. Hooker, Jack Yonge, Dr. Eric Sellers, George Minter Jr., Pete Couch, Guy McCarty, Jim Tillie, Allen Wright, Elbert Hall and Harold Austin, all of Abilene, and Lockett Shelton of Dallas.
The family requests that memorials be in the form of gifts to West Texas Rehabilitation Center or to the First Central Presbyterian Church.
- Edna Inez Haynie died on 7 November 1982 at age 71 in Taylor County, Texas.
- Her husband Alfred Swenson Lieb became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Hillside Memorial Gardens, Snyder, Scurry County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 18 May 2014