Mildred Agnes McClusky
b. 22 August 1914, d. 13 June 2001
- Mildred Agnes McClusky was born on 22 August 1914 in Jefferson County, Alabama.
- She married Jesse Cameron Anderson, son of James Cameron Anderson and Exa Lee Sims, on 14 February 1935 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Mildred Agnes McClusky became a widow at the 4 July 1991 death of her husband Jesse Cameron Anderson.
- Mildred Agnes McClusky died on 13 June 2001 at age 86 in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama.
- She was interred at Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama.
- The following appeared on 15 June 2001 in The Birmingham News: Mrs. Mildred McClusky Anderson, age 86, of Huntsville, died Wednesday, June 13, 2001 at a local nursing home. Visitation at the funeral home Friday, June 15, 6:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. The graveside service will be Saturday, June 16, 2001 at 10:00 A.M. at Maple Hill with Dr. William H. Bostick, Rev. Coy Hallmark, and Rev. George W. Hayes officiating. Burial will be in Maple Hill Cemetery. Mrs. Anderson was a graduate of Birmingham-Southern Conservatory of Music. She played in Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, sang in choir at First United Methodist Church prior to moving to Huntsville in 1951. She was an organizing member of Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, charter member and first president of Symphony Guild, Chairman of HSO Ball, served on HSO Board of Trustees. She had been a member of Huntsville Women's Welfare League, Lioness Club, Huntsville and Monte Vista Garden Clubs, Huntsville Music Study Club, and one of the earliest member of Huntsville-Madison County Botanical Garden Society. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Huntsville and it's Billie Scott Class since 1951. She was preceded in death by her husband, Jesse Anderson; a sister, Frances M. Robertson; and a brother, Hugh McClusky - both of Birmingham. Survivors: daughters, Jane A. Hamm of Huntsville, Carol A. Harless of Huntsville, and Judy A. McNutt of Tuscaloosa; brother, D. O. McClusky, Jr. of Tuscaloosa; 7 grandchildren, Stephen E. Hamm of Birmingham, Richard A. Hamm, Susan H. Gilbert, Marilyn B. Durham, Whitney B. Cox - all of Huntsville, Lisa C. McNutt of Cullman, and Paul C. McNutt of Tuscaloosa; 5 great grandchildren. Donations may be made to First United Methodist Church Building Fund or Organ Fund. Laughlin Service Funeral Home, Inc., is directing.
- Last Edited: 14 Sep 2009