b. 29 November 1880, d. 6 January 1957
- Ida Benedetti was born on 29 November 1880 in Sappada, Italy, near the Austrian border.
- Ida's parents died when she was only eight years old, and a step-aunt and uncle took her and her brother to raise. They were very strict and cruel, she told her children, and her brother left and joined the army as soon as he could do so. She stayed until her brother found a country inn where she could live and work as a maid. It was near the town of Friedrichshafen, a town in Baden-Wurttemberg on the northern side of Lake Constance (Bodensee) in Southern Germany, near the borders with Switzerland and Austria. Her brother never married and ldied in Switzerland before she was married and left Europe.
- She married Pasquale da Rin, son of Bartholomeo da Rin and Unknown (?), on 6 April 1904 in Italy.
- Pasquale Da Rin Puppel left for the United States on 9 September 1905 from Havre, France, in steerage class aboard the SS La Touraine, arriving in New York on the 17th. According to the passenger manifest, his destination was Joliet, Illinois, where he would join his brother. Because Ida was eight months pregnant, she was not permitted to leave with him. The baby was born in Havre, and Ida and the baby soon joined him in Joliet.
- Ida and infant "G. Battista" followed Pasquale, arriving in the Port of New York on 5 December 1905, traveling in steerage class aboard the SS La Gascogne, having departed Havre on 25 November.
- Pasquale da Rin and Ida Benedetti appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Joliet, Will County, Illinois. Other members of the household included Guido Darin, Enrico Darin and Tommaso da Rin. Also in the household among the seven boarders were Frank Darin (age 33?), likely a cousin, and Thomas Puppel (age 25), possibly a cousin.
- She was operating a boarding house, according to the 1910 census.
- Pasquale da Rin and Ida Benedetti appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in East Chicago, Lake County, Indiana, at 3806 Hemlock Street. Other members of the household included Guido Darin, Enrico Darin, Giovannina Darin and Lindo Eugene Darin. And there were two lodgers in the household.
- Ida Benedetti died on 6 January 1957 at age 76 or the 7th.
- Her husband Pasquale da Rin became a widower at her death.
- Last Edited: 13 May 2010
Family: Pasquale da Rin b. 4 May 1875, d. December 1959
- John da Rin b. circa November 1905, d. circa May 1906
- Guido Darin+ b. 17 December 1906, d. 1 August 1981
- Enrico Darin b. 30 December 1907, d. 1932
- Giovannina Darin+ b. 18 June 1910, d. 17 September 1993
- Lindo Eugene Darin+ b. 6 March 1912, d. 22 October 1982
- Ida Darin+ b. 11 January 1920, d. 7 May 2010