Mary Catherine Hays
b. 11 February 1865, d. 19 July 1942
- Father: Thomas Marion Hays b. 5 November 1841, d. 5 January 1894
- Mother: Elizabeth Jane Nolen b. 10 November 1838, d. 8 September 1924
- Mary Catherine Hays was born on 11 February 1865 in Alabama or Georgia.
- Thomas Marion Hays and Elizabeth Jane Nolen appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Blakes Ferry, Randolph County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Mary Catherine Hays, James Franklin Hays and Nancy Elizabeth Alice Hays. Also in the household was "Waldrop" Hays, age 13.
- Thomas Marion Hays and Elizabeth Jane Nolen appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Randolph County, Alabama, living not far from Thomas' brother Benjamin, and next to Isaac Nolen, likely a brother of Elizabeth's father.. Other members of the household included Mary Catherine Hays, James Franklin Hays, Nancy Elizabeth Alice Hays, Laura Eliza O. Hays, Francis W. Hays and Thomas Stephen Benjamin Hays.
- She married Joel W. Leftwich on 28 December 1882 in Clay County, Alabama.
- Mary Catherine Hays became a widow at the 12 August 1937 death of her husband Joel W. Leftwich.
- Mary Catherine Hays died on 19 July 1942 at age 77 in Gadsden, Etowah County, Alabama.
- She was interred at Forrest Cemetery, Gadsden, Etowah County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 26 Mar 2011