b. 15 September 1851
- Warren was born on 15 September 1851 in Montgomery County, Texas, at Greenwood plantation.
- On Saturday, 30 December 1865, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: "Little Bob's Family Left."
- Following emancipation, Warren adopted the name Warren Culpepper.
- Bob and Eliza appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Danville PO, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Warren, Lucretia and Delia. While the ages of the children are correct, they are wrongly assigned, and daughter Martha is absent from the household.
- He was a farm laborer, according to the 1870 census.
- It is possible that he was enumerated in Danville in the 1870 census as Warren Lewis, age 19.
- He married Polly Lewis on 27 December 1870 in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Warren and Polly Lewis appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Leroy Culpepper and Phillip C. Culpepper. Also living with the family was Thomas Culpepper (age 18), as yet unidentified.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- Children of Little Bob and Eliza born between 1838 and 1863, were recorded by Green Wood.
- Last Edited: 13 Apr 2013