b. 23 February 1851
- Cornelia was born on 23 February 1851 in Montgomery County, Texas, at Greenwood plantation near old Danville.
- On Friday, 29 December 1865, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: "Stephen & Family Left."
- Following emancipation, Cornelia adopted the name Cornelia Jones although it appears that she is recorded as Mary Wood in the 1870 census..
- Stephen and Margaret appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Danville, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Cornelia, Frances, Stephen, Margaret and William. It appears that "Mary" is actually Cornelia, and that Steven, Margaret and William are not children of Margaret & Stephen, as they are not found in any Greenwood records; perhaps they are grandchildren.
- She was a farm laborer, according to the 1870 census.
- She married Unknown.
- Cornelia appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Anderson Davis, Donin Davis and Rose.
- Children of Margaret and Bill born between 1834 and 1843, and of Margaret and Stephen between 1846 and 1861, were recorded by Green Wood.
- Last Edited: 19 May 2013