b. 23 November 1863
- Silas was born on 23 November 1863 in Montgomery County, Texas, at Greenwood plantation near old Danville.
- James Monroe and Lucy appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Montgomery County, Texas, but information on children's names and ages of all are not consistent with other records. Other members of the household included Silas, Louisa, Lucian and James Monroe.
- It appears that Silas is identified as daughter Mandy, age 7, in the 1870 census.
- James Monroe and Lucy appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Harris County, Texas. Other members of the household included Silas, Lucian, James Monroe, Bob Baltrip, Benjamin Baltrip, Ella Baltrip and Elizabeth Baltrip. Children identified in confusing fashion as son Ben, age 10 (perhaps Gip or Louis in 1870?) and daughter Barbary, age 12 (likely Bob in 1870.)
- He was a mill hand, according to the 1880 census.
- Children of Jim and Lucy born between 1857 and 1865, were recorded by Green Wood.
- Last Edited: 2 Aug 2011