Adam Meek King
b. September 1836, d. 20 November 1900
- Father: Thomas King b. circa 1806
- Mother: Margaret Meek b. circa 1816, d. circa 1854
- Adam Meek King was born in September 1836 in Jefferson County, Illinois.
- Thomas King appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Adam Meek King, Thomas Edward King and Margaret King. Also in the household was Nancy Meek, age 26, likely Margaret's sister.
- He married Minerva Ellen Ezell, daughter of Collatinus Cinncinatus Ezell and Rebecca Jane Mayfield, on 29 March 1860 in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Thomas King and Jane V. Gillespie appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Adam Meek King, Thomas Edward King, Margaret King, M. King, D. King, S. King and Minerva Ellen King. Also in the household were two young male boarders.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- His wife Minerva Ellen Ezell became a widow at his death.
- Adam Meek King died on 20 November 1900 at age 64.
- He was interred at Hickory Grove Cemetery, Montgomery County, Texas.
- Henry Carline registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Galveston County, Texas, while living with his wife Sarah at 2518 Avenue L in Galveston, and employed there as a cook at John Sealy Hospital, at 9th Streed and Avenue B.
- For an account of his CSA service in Company B, 24th Texas Cavalry Regiment, see his profile in Karen McCann Hett's Danville Mounted Riflemen.
- Last Edited: 3 Jan 2014