Charles Overby Edwards
b. circa 1810
- Charles Overby Edwards was born circa 1810 in Georgia.
- He married Unknown (?)
- He married Lydia Ellen Winters, daughter of James Washington Winters and Rhoda Creel Beal, circa 1848.
- Charles Overby Edwards and Lydia Ellen Winters appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Mary E. Edwards, James A. Edwards, Susan J. Edwards, John Edwards, Henry Edwards, Charles Overby Edwards Jr., Billington Taylor Adams, Alfred Jackson Cude, Richard Dowling Cude, Willis Franklin Cude, Timothy J. Cude and Tobias Cude.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- Among the Greenwood plantation records: Received of Green Wood four Bales of cotton marked GW and numbering from 111 - 112 - 113 - 114 which I promise to deliver in Houston to Rice & Nichols in good order, April 9th 1852 [signed] C. O. Edwards.
- On Thursday, 27 January 1853, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: "Sent 15 Bales cotton to Warehouse at Sanjacinto making 25, waggons returned before dark. A few hands worked the road between here and the Edwards place."
- Last Edited: 24 Jan 2013
Family 1: Unknown (?)
- Mary E. Edwards b. circa 1838
- James A. Edwards b. circa 1840
- Susan J. Edwards b. circa 1842
- John Edwards b. circa 1844
- Henry Edwards b. circa 1846
Family 2: Lydia Ellen Winters b. 19 December 1822, d. 7 May 1901
- Charles Overby Edwards Jr. b. 2 April 1849
- Rhoda Ann Edwards b. December 1851
- William C. Edwards b. December 1851
- Sarah Caroline Edwards b. circa 1854
- Thomas Morgan Edwards b. circa 1856
- Nancy Ellen Edwards b. circa 1858
- Lydia Edwards b. circa 1864