Samuel Wilds Evans
b. 22 June 1823, d. 30 December 1894
- Father: Josiah James Evans b. 27 November 1786, d. 6 May 1858
- Mother: Dorothea DeWitt b. 3 April 1793, d. 2 October 1847
- Samuel Wilds Evans was born on 22 June 1823 in Darlington District, South Carolina.
- He married Alexina Wallace circa 1844.
- Samuel Wilds Evans died on 30 December 1894 at age 71 in Darlington County, South Carolina.
- The following appeared on 1 January 1895 in The State: (Cheraw, Dec. 31) Capt. Samuel W. Evans, of this county, died near Society Hill yesterday about noon. Capt. Evans was an old resident, and a son of the distinguished Judge Evans, of ante-bellum days. He leaves three sons and three daughters, one of his sons being Hon. W. D. Evans, of Marlboro.
- Last Edited: 4 Feb 2015