Olivia Amanda Dickinson
b. 1832, d. 1880
- Olivia Amanda Dickinson was born in 1832 in South Carolina.
- She is probably enumerated in the 1850 census as Jane Dickiison, living in the household of her sister and brother-in-law, Caroline and George I. Priester, in Barnwell District, with brothers William, Francis, Josiah and Henry living next door with Elizabeth Priester, presumably George's mother.
- She married Washington Rodgers, son of Ebenezer Henderson Rodgers, circa 1852.
- She married Wesley Leatherwood Pegues, son of James Pegues and Jane Johnson, on 11 May 1859.
- Wesley Leatherwood Pegues and Olivia Amanda Dickinson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Lynchburgh, Sumter County, South Carolina. Other members of the household included Rufus Marcellus Pegues, Caroline A. Pegues, John Keitt Pegues, William Wesley Pegues and Jane O. Pegues.
- Wesley Leatherwood Pegues and Olivia Amanda Dickinson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Smithville Township, Marlboro County, South Carolina, and son Shipp, born about 1868, was apparently missed by the enumerator.. Other members of the household included Caroline A. Pegues, William Wesley Pegues, Jane O. Pegues, Frank E. Pegues, Arthur Clarence Pegues, Walter Dickinson Pegues and Barnwell Pegues.
- Olivia Amanda Dickinson died in 1880.
- Her husband Wesley Leatherwood Pegues became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at New Hope Methodist Church Cemetery, Wallace, Marlboro County, South Carolina.
- Last Edited: 19 Feb 2015
Family 1: Washington Rodgers b. circa 1829, d. say 1858
Family 2: Wesley Leatherwood Pegues b. 22 June 1818, d. 16 July 1894
- Jane O. Pegues b. circa 8 May 1860, d. 24 February 1920
- Frank E. Pegues b. 7 November 1861, d. 28 April 1929
- Arthur Clarence Pegues b. 1863, d. 1880
- Walter Dickinson Pegues+ b. 8 January 1865, d. 29 June 1954
- Barnwell Pegues b. 1866, d. 23 March 1891
- Herbert Henry Pegues b. 25 August 1872, d. 2 October 1962
- Albert Shipp Pegues+ b. circa 19 February 1874, d. 27 August 1960